It’s never a dull moment when a client approaches me to create a commissioned piece of art over the past 20 years. As you will see below, I have quite a range of art that I have been commissioned to create. Not only have I created people and pet portraits, but I have also been asked to paint on metal. I am up for pretty much anything and of any size. Whether it is a gift to commemorate a beloved pet or a celebration of a wedding anniversary, each are special and work that I take to heart. Explanations for each piece is included with each image. If you would like to have a quote, please contact me on my About Moi page.
The Commission Process
When commissioning a custom piece of art, a client gets to be involved in the various stages of the creative process. Many clients enjoy seeing photos of the work at various stages of completion and I am happy to send progress photos. Some clients prefer to visit the studio to see how the work is progressing and that is fine as well. Below I have outlined the commission process in more detail.
- We arrange a private consultation at my Studio. If this is not possible we communicate via phone and email.
- Define size, format and budget.
- Define the subject of the piece.
- Define a timeline for completion of the piece.
- I prepare an agreement/contract that outlines all the agreed upon details.
- To start the commission a 50% deposit is required to secure queue. Payments include cash, cheque and e-transfer.
- The remaining 50% is payable on completion, prior to shipping/delivery.
- May 2023 special includes 4 free 5″ x 7″ art cards per commission.